At the core of Rodeo Insider's code of journalistic standards and ethics is objectivity
- Unequivocal separation between news and opinion
- In-house editorials and opinion (Op-Ed)
pieces are clearly separated from news pieces
- News reporters and editorial staff are distinct.
- Unequivocal separation between advertisements and news
- All advertisements must be clearly identifiable as such.
- Reporter must avoid conflicts of interest
- incentives to report a story with a given slant. This includes not taking bribes and not reporting on stories that affect the reporter's personal,
economic or political interests
- Competing points of view are balanced and fairly characterized.
- Persons who are the subject of adverse news stories are allowed a reasonable opportunity to
respond to the adverse information before the story is published or broadcast.
- Interference with reporting by any entity, including censorship, must be disclosed.
More on Rodeo Insider's code of journalistic standards and ethics.